9.7.04

The Wind Beneath My Wings

THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS
It must have been cold there
in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content
to let me shine,
that's your way,
you always walked
a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one
with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name
for so long,
a beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know
that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher
than an eagle,
cause you are the wind
beneath my wings.

It might have appeared
to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here
in my heart.
I want you to know
I know the truth,
of course I know it,
I would be nothing with out you.

Fly, fly, fly away,
you let me fly so high.
Oh, fly, fly,
so high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you,
the wind beneath my wings.
O VENTO SOB AS MINHAS ASAS
Deve ter sido frio lá
na minha sombra,
Nunca ter a luz do sol no seu rosto.
Você estava contente
por me deixar brilhar,
esse é o seu jeito,
Você sempre caminhava
um passo atrás...

Então eu era aquela com toda a glória,
Enquanto você era aquele
com toda a força.
Um lindo rosto sem um nome
durante tanto tempo,
Um lindo sorriso para esconder a dor...

Você alguma vez soube
que você é o meu herói
E é tudo que eu gostaria de ser?
Eu posso voar mais alto
do que uma águia
Pois você é o vento
sob as minhas asas...

Pode ter aparentado
passar despercebido,
Mas eu tenho tudo isso aqui
no meu coração.
Eu quero que você saiba
que eu sei a verdade,
É claro que eu sei!
Eu seria nada sem você...

Voe, voe, voe alto,
você me deixou voar tão alto.
Eu vôo, vôo,
vôo defronte ao céu,
Tão alto que eu quase toco o céu.
Obrigada, obrigada.
Obrigada a Deus por você,
o vento sob as minhas asas...


Bette Midler

Nenhum comentário: